Emotional Stripper X ANGEL CANDY
Hey babes! I'm so excited to share my first blog post with all of you, so lets just get into it!
- ☆HOW TO STAY CONSISTENT WITH WORK ☆ ( & why it's important! )
1. TRACK! Your money, your hours, your everything! By tracking your money on the days you work with the times/hours you'll get to statistically see what day(s) you make the most money on and the least amount on. I recommend using the app "Tip Tracker" as I've personally used it ever since I became a dancer and it helps me track and schedule so easily.
2. SET YOUR SCHEDULE. By tracking your income, it's easier to set a schedule / routine. If on a certain day of the week you consistently make a good amount, make that a day you normally would work, just as a day you notice you don't make as much, make that an "off" day. Setting your schedule as a dancer is so important because YES, while the flexibility is amazing - to truly be successful, you need to put in hours. Coming in a few days a week vs. a few times a month is the type of consistency that will lead to success and give you a better chance of finding and keeping regulars. Having regulars ultimately makes your job easier! Setting a schedule also creates routine, which helps you manage the rest of your life more easily.
3. SCHEDULE YOUR REGULARS. It is easier to find the motivation to go to work if you know you have set people that will come see you on whatever day / time because you're getting that guaranteed amount of money. Tell them to come in on separate days of the week, or at different times depending on how long you usually spend with them. Try not to "double book" as it gets overwhelming. You can have a lot of fun with it depending on the type of customer they are too!
4. ORGANIZED PLANNING! Not even kidding. Write your work schedule on a piece of paper, iCal, planner, fridge calendar, whatever it is that you check so that you wake up and know you are working and to mentally + physically prepare. I write down my schedule on my Instagram stories, my NSFW/SFW planner & fridge calendar. It now feels like I'm going into a "normal" job vs. showing up whenever I feel like it which personally lessens my anxiety, motivates me more, and makes me feel like I'm working instead of just "being there because I want to make some extra money but I don't really care to be here".
5. MOTIVATE YOURSELF! This one is SO important. What motivates you to go to work? ( Think bigger than the money, because while that's important and a huge motivator, it can't be your only reason otherwise you're fucked during slow seasons & I say that respectfully ) What cute outfit will you wear? What accessories? What music will you dance to tonight? What are you saving the money towards? Ask yourself these questions, and ask them often - you'll be surprised how often the answers change. Hype yourself up, listen to your bad bitch playlist, take hot selfies for yourself/partner/IG/OnlyFans, set a financial goal for the day and week along with HOW you plan to hit those goals. Set your intentions and write what you bring to the table when it comes to setting your intentions (ex: I intend to make work a positive space. I bring laughter and positivity to work, and if I feel sad or upset, I will take a 15 min break in the dressing room to allow myself to feel and recharge before going back on the floor). I'll most likely make a separate blog post on how to motivate yourself and be your biggest hype person under any circumstance because *this* was the hardest thing for me to do and now I feel like I have my PHD in this. Remember- it only takes one!!
AND WITH ANY JOB, THERE IS BURNOUT.
WITH SEX WORK, IT'S A SPECIAL TYPE OF BURNOUT BECAUSE OUR JOB IS PHYSICAL AS WELL AS MENTAL & EMOTIONAL.
SO....HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BURNOUT.
☆ SIGNS OF BURNOUT ☆
- Decreased performance at work
- Body aches + pains
- Cynical outlook mainly towards work
TAKE A BREAK BEFORE THE BURNOUT, BUT IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO WORK AND POWER THROUGH THE BURNOUT, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AS MUCH AS YOU CAN + CHECK IN WITH YOURSELF 2-3X A DAY.
☆SELF CARE FOR BURNOUT ☆
- Take time off
- REST. Turn your phone off and just sleep for as long as you can.
- Journal about anything and everything
- BE ALONE. You need to recharge your battery, and as great as hanging out with friends or your significant other sounds - you need to be alone for some period of time to recharge your own internal energy.
- Write down 4 reasons why you love what you do, or 4 reasons why you do what you do if you're not there at the moment
- Hot shower or hot bath ( lots of Epsom salts and lavender scented oils/candles/lotions! )
- Eat your favorite food, dessert, drink and watch your favorite comfort movies or shows in sweats and a hoodie cuddled up on the couch or in bed. Let yourself completely decompress.
- Check in with yourself: "How am I feeling?", " What's my mood?", "How is my body feeling?", etc.
emotional stripper ♡ + in collaboration with Angel Candy Shop ♡